- Einstein said that problems cannot be solved on the same level of thinking that created them. Where we start out in business is often very different from where we end up.
- At least once per quarter, you need to take time out from the day-to-day and spend time ON your business, not IN your business.
- As you transition to wealth advisory services you must be prepared to make exponential (not just incremental) changes to your relationships, support systems, habits and capabilities.
- We work in a very linear, left-brained, number-oriented business. It can be hard for many clients to understand what we do for them.
- High-performing wealth advisors can show clients visually what they’re doing for them. Consider hiring a graphic artist to help you enhance your right-brain capabilities.
- We’re moving from the information age to the conceptual age. Today’s technology enables us to use pictures, movement and color to explain concepts—with fewer words.
- At high-performing firms, team members know how to run all the stuff that’s predictable and then humanize the difficult, one-off situations that require you to bring great value to clients.
- 3D Connect is about integrating your Mind Maps, CRM and electronic filing.
- Mind Maps give you the 10,000-foot view, the CRM gives you the treetop view and the electronic filing system gives you the ground-level view of your clients.
- Research shows that advisors who focus on serving a specific niche are much more successful than advisors with a broad-based approach.
- Experts say you should focus on a definable segment of your best clients and understand how they network and communicate with each other.
- In order to become the “go to” advisor in your niche, you must not only join the organizations your targets belong to, but become actively involved in those organizations.