Left-brain, right-brain or somewhere in between? You need a blend of art and science to figure out what makes a client really tick.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of being prepared for your first meeting with a new client.
- High-performing advisors use a blend of algorithmic and heuristic approaches to understand their clients really well.
- A Mind Map can give you a very clear picture of a client’s personality, values, goals, assets, estate, etc. and what they have (or need) to get them to their destination. [click to continue…]
What the “trans-theoretical” model of behavioral change can do for you and your firm.
- Every time we make important changes in our lives–including our businesses–we tend to go through a contemplation phase, before actually committing to doing it.
- After finally making an important change in your life, there’s the all-important maintenance process.
- When transitioning to a true wealth management approach, you’re going from a “sales push approach” to a “consultative pull approach”– a huge behavioral change. [click to continue…]
Empowering everyone on your team to have a say in the future direction of the firm will substantially improve morale, productivity and the services you can offer clients.
- The Iroquois had a policy that no council decision could be made without considering how it would affect the sixth generation of the tribe.
- As you transition to wealth advisory services, there’s so much focus on day-to-day tasks that it’s easy to forget about the long-term goals of the firm.
- A self-managing company gives each member of the team a say in how the firm is run and tends to make each person more motivated, proactive and invested in the firm’s success. [click to continue…]
More top business programs are making their courses and elite professors available online. Bolstering your team’s professional development will enhance your client service capabilities.
- Many elite universities are now making their courses available online—and doing so for a fraction of the time and cost of a traditional education.
- When your staff gets to a higher professional level, you can offer better and more differentiated services to your clients.
- While online learning is nothing new for financial service professionals, the variety of offerings has increased tremendously as time and money barriers fall by the wayside. [click to continue…]