Smart use of technology and continuous evolution will drive your business forward
- Technology creates a lot of wealth for us, but it’s an ongoing exercise, not a one-time initiative.
- In lower-margin businesses like wealth advisory services, technology is essential to optimizing your investment in people, teams, services and processes.
- With technology properly integrated into your processes, you can really help clients with complex issues and make their lives simpler and less stressful. [click to continue…]
The only way to be successful and grow
- Failure is about learning from the many, many things in life that don’t quite work out as planned.
- If we spend more time just accepting failure and trying things out, we’ll ultimately get to the goal of developing (and delivering) better services to our clients.
- The “check test” and “trial balloon” pitch can be effective, low-cost ways to gauge a client’s receptivity to a new service or capability you’re considering. [click to continue…]
Simple techniques for freeing your mind to do your best work
- No matter how organized and ambitious you are, you’re not going to accomplish every single goal and objective on your to-do list.
- Going through a thinking process is a great way for vetting and prioritizing ideas you’re considering.
- Unburden yourself from low-potential thoughts that may be lingering, holding you back and pulling energy away from you. [click to continue…]
Making sure you have the right skills, personnel and culture on your team to take you into the future
- When you transition from assets under management to wealth advisory services, things go from being simple and linear to complex and slower.
- As your business evolves, the composition of your team, vendors and outside advisors must evolve with it. Review your team’s collective skill set regularly and fill the gaps.
- By simplifying your structure or subtracting the size of your team, you can then grow faster with the right kinds of folks in the right kind of roles. [click to continue…]