- Each day in your work, try to attract new people, new resources, new capabilities, new opportunities and new money.
- Most successful entrepreneurs I know understand the importance of showing up, self-confidence, attitude, knowledge and transformation.
- For more about this topic, watch Simon Sinek’s video, How Great Leaders Inspire Action.
As some of you know, I served in the military. When a young person who’s thinking of joining the military asks me for advice, the first thing I tell them is, “Volunteer for everything.” That usually catches them by surprise. But when you volunteer for everything in the military, you attract a huge number of opportunities. The same thing happens in the regular business world. It’s all about, why you are in business and what you are trying to do.
In business, you are trying to attract new people, new resources, new capabilities, new opportunities and new money every day. That’s why I’m sharing with you five key principles that are followed by most of the successful entrepreneurs I know:
- Show up. Believe it or not, 90 percent of life is just about showing up. Often I don’t want to work out at the gym or attend an event. But by showing up anyway, great opportunities or connections have occurred that never would have had I just stayed home.
- Be confident. People with high levels of confidence find ways to be successful no matter what they are doing. Keep your self-confidence high throughout your business day and it will make a huge difference in how you look at the world and the opportunities that come your way.
- Have a great attitude. You’ve heard the expression “an attitude of gratitude.” We like working with people who have a great attitude. If someone is showing up and has a great attitude and is really confident—boy, that’s a great person to be around.
- Acquire knowledge. Are you familiar with the acronym KASH (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits)? Management guru Dan Sullivan told me about KASH 20 years ago, and I’ve found it to be a great way to develop really solid habits. By acquiring knowledge and combining it with a great attitude and solid skills and habits, you can build a great future for yourself.
- Create transformation. Our world is changing constantly. If you can build something special for your clients and customers that transforms the way they live and work, that will be huge.
Focus on these five key principles every day and you will be successful in any type of business endeavor you attempt. For more about this topic, watch this video by author and motivational speaker Simon Sinek, “How Great Leaders Inspire Action.”
So until next time, enjoy. Gary