- Over the past decade, there’s been an increase of do-it-yourself will software.
- There are several reasons you should not do a will yourself, especially as there are some common mistakes when creating a will that can cause your assets to not go where you want them to go.
- Paying to have a will created by a professional estate planning attorney can give you the peace of mind that your assets will go to the right people or places.
- Life insurance is important to have if you have dependents and are a high income earner.
- Term insurance and Cash value insurance are the two types of life insurance.
- There are different benefits to each type of life insurance, so it’s important to know the advantages and disadvantages of each to determine what fits for you and your family.
- Insurance is an automatic requirement for financial institutions and regulators, but you must go through the underwriting process to obtain it.
- There is property insurance that protects our property from unforeseen events, and casualty insurance that protects us from claims brought upon us by others.
- Choose an umbrella policy to gain overall coverage to protect your accumulated assets.
- There are three things to look for in a tax strategy: tax deductible, tax deferred, and tax free. A strategy will most likely not contain all three, but usually will have two of them.
- Four common tax strategies are 401ks, IRAs, HSAs, and 529 plans.
- Putting money away using any of these strategies can save you a lot of money over time versus saving money in other ways where they are subject to taxes