- Innovations of the near future will dramatically improve our efficiency, longevity, connectivity and environmental impact.
- These changes will require that we think differently about our health, our jobs and investment opportunities.
- Tools of the future are likely to include drones, block chain, AI and VR. Get familiar with these technologies.
- Understanding the importance of emotion, structure and behavior is key to financial success.
- The older we get, the harder it becomes to change our ways–and that includes our money habits.
- In money, as with so many things in life, you need to combine motivation with the right direction and a clear path in order to make new habits stick.
- If nothing else, young adults should understand their balance sheet, cash flow and taxes for a happy financial life.
- Remember to always save first, spend second.
- As you get older, your assets grow and so do your expenses. Never take your eye off the big picture (see the first two takeaways).
- Research shows that 95 percent of our decisions are made with the subconscious rather than the rational part of the brain.
- With respect to money, you can’t change your behavior until you understand your emotional side.
- Emotion, Structure and Behavior are the three legs of the money decision stool. Get familiar with each leg.
- When it comes to money decisions, most of us have an imaginary angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other competing for our attention.